If we wanted to use more than 140 characters, we'd be writing more here.

Monday, September 18, 2006

One

Greetings fans. OK. I've finally succombed to the pressure to post. Stop sending the emails, letters, and postcards. You win. Your voice was loud and clear. It couldn't have been more clear if Regis Philbin miniaturized himself a la Fantastic Voyage, permeated my tympanic membrane and shouted it directly into my cochlea.
Many have asked -- Linus, why haven't you posted on the Dictionary of Unfortunate Ideas blog before? Here's why: I look around at the world - watch the nightly news, the 24 hour cable news networks, read newspapers, etc. and what do I see/hear/smell? A few dust-ups in the world - that military thing overseas, that hurricane that hit that US southern city, etc. But in the last 5 years has there really been anything newsworthy? Worth commenting on? Of course not. Sure when I saw the lack of coverage that was being given to the monumental birth of Suri Cruise, I almost posted. But even then I held back.
So why post now? I think we all know the answer to that one. If you don't, no worries. I've written it on a small index card taped to the back of a mallard duck and released him somewhere on the East Coast. Happy Hunting.
Boy time flies. Off to work on my next post. Courage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home