You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Thursday, July 01, 2010

So, How About that World Cup?

I'm sure a lot of you have been checking this site daily, wondering bemusedly to yourself, "Haven't they pulled this crap from Blogspot, yet?" Thanks for your support ...jerks.

Others of you have occasionally stumbled by here and wondered why I haven't posted anything of significance on the World Cup. Well, it's because I've been watching the hell out of the thing, that's why.*

It's been an exciting run so far, albeit with the usual adornment of FIFA incompetence, player petulance, and fan silliness.  Check that, there has been more than the usual fair share of that this year. The world's biggest sporting tournament has been positively a gold mine for writers, comedians, and psychologists. So, what have been the big stories this year, so far?

Well, I'll be getting to that shortly! I promise!  Here's what you can look forward to:

The Refs Suck
France Surrenders
Cover that Ad!
Happy Fun Ball
Big Stars, Little Performances
Vuvuzela Nightmare
Crazy Diego
Americans Watching Soccer? Goal!!!

And more, as I find the time and energy during days with no games on.

*And also running and playing soccer, myself. Did I mention I'm down to about 178 pounds. No? Well, I am!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home