If you're not Donald Trump, check out our archives below. If you are Donald Trump, fix your hair before you do that. Please.

Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Most Interesting Man in the World - Outakes

(The audio version of this bit is here.)

[Dos Equis Commercial - Recording session - Scene 10]

Director: Dos Equis, Scene 10, Take 1. Action.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I don't always drink beer. Sometimes, I drink orange juice.

Director: Cut.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: Sorry! (to Crew) Sorry! (to Director) I was thinking about that bout of scurvy I had in '69.

Director: OK, no problem. Once more from the top. Dos Equis, Scene 10, Take 2. Action.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I don't always drink beer. On occasion, I'll have a V-8, or a Clamato.

Director: Cut.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I'm sorry, I don't know where my mind is today.

**********

Director: Dos Equis, Scene 10, Take 7. Action.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I don't always drink beer. For example, I'll drink cranberry juice if I'm having a problem with my bowels.

Director: Cut.

**********

Director: Dos Equis, Scene 10, Take 11. Action.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I don't always drink beer. Sometimes, I'll put warm soup in a mug and sip it slowly.

Director: Cut

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I like the way the noodles tickle my moustache.

Director: Cut!

**********

Director: Dos Equis, Scene 10, (deep breath) Take 15. Action.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I don't always drink beer. Sometimes I'll go weeks without one, even months. Often, I don't want a beer at all. In fact, sometimes the taste of beer makes me want to vomit.

Director: Cut!!!

Assistant Director: (under his breath) Why'd you let him go on so long?

Director: (under his breath) I thought he might get round to it this time.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: Are we going to be much longer? I've got a monkey-bathing session at 3 p.m. and it's no fun if the water cools off.

**********

Director: (wearily) Dos Equis, Scene 10, Take 45. Action.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: ...and when you're sewing yourself up without anesthetic, the worst thing is pulling the thread. I usually laugh when I do that, to cover up the crying.

Director: Cut!!!

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I'm sorry, were we rolling?

Director: Yes. Yes, we were %$&! rolling!!!

The Most Interesting Man in the World: Hey, calm down! (Jokily) You don't want me to have to punch you in the face and then have you thank me do...

Director: Don't even try that crap with me, now.

**********

Director: (breezily without the expectation of success) Dos Equis, Scene 10, Take 137. Action.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: I don't always drink beer.But when I do, I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends, and watch out for those bowel problems.

Director: (Shocked) Cut! Print it! We'll fix it in editing.

The Most Interesting Man in the World: Does anyone have any cranberry juice, handy?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but this is stupid!!

10/07/2010 3:13 pm  
Blogger Earl Fando said...

Then we can chalk that up as another unqualified success. (Are you familiar with our standards and practices around here?)

10/26/2010 3:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home