You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Meditation continued...

Great minds think alike... is what I'd say if I had a great mind but for the purposes of this post I'll just say, twisted minds think alike. Just this morning as I was purchasing my grande Caramel Macchiato, in the festive holiday cup, at Starbucks I thought it would be a good idea to do a Thanksgiving post. The plan would be to say I was thankful for the really important things; God, family, and country, then spin off into the outlandish and more funny. Earl beat me to the punch. So, instead of going on about something else, I'll just take up where he left off.

-I'm thankful for the liberal return policies of the modern department store. This comes from the fact that my mother-in-law thinks I have the proportions of Sasquatch and so always buys my shirts sized Tall XX-L.

-I'm thankful for the Turducken, for how else could we Americans show our penchant for overindulgence during this wonderful time of year. It also makes me wonder what the Turducken of a group of cannibals would be. I would imagine it would be Paul Prudhomme, stuffed with Emeril Lagasse, stuffed with Wolfgang Puck served with reduction of Rachel Ray. (I just liked that for its alliterative qualities)

-I'm thankful to F. Johnny Lee our attorney, friend, and designated driver. It's not that we imbibe inappropriately but due to the fact that we can't drive. At least not very well.

-I'm thankful for Snopes.com for without their research I would believe that Coke and Pop Rocks killed Mikey, the personalities of the dwarves in Snow White represent the seven stages of cocaine addiction, and that Steve from Blue's Clues died of a heroin overdose.

-I'm thankful that the family of Mark Northover has a sense of humor or has never read our blog. Probably the second one.

-I'm thankful that I have a job for without it I would have nothing to do but enjoy family, friends, and endless days of golfing. Thanks guys.

-I'm thankful for all of the nominations our thousands of readers worldwide are making to the 2006 Weblog Awards. You are nominating us right?

In closing I'd just like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and hope the best for all. I think I can sum it up in two words, CAMERON DIAZ. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home