You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Quiet weekend

Apologies for the dearth of postings here. I'm sure we're all still recovering from the stressful technical difficulties that accompanied the Live Oscar Blog of a week ago.

Blogger has yet to return my e-mails from the night or even acknowledge that there was a technical problem, even though their system failed to run as advertised. Their "Help" support is the worst I've ever encountered in my 11 years of working in technology, with the one exception of a company that shall remain nameless, that install a product that never properly worked except just after they put it in, and then refused to fix it because their expensive service agreement ran out. They then had the nerve to write that they felt it would be "unfair to their other paying customers" to service something that had not been paid for, even though it never worked properly beyond the initial install.

Fortunately, the vendor that made us use this purgatorial product in the first place got wise and moved on to a completely different product to support their new version. I'm sure the nameless company in question still has loads of nameless, faceless customers lined up to pay expensive service agreements on their crap software.

I'm being sarcastic. I just went to their website and it comes up blank. I'm sure their either out of business or made the fatal error of relying on their own product to keep their website up. Either way, I'm not surprised.

Anyway, the people at Blogger Help might take a lesson and start returning my e-mails now.

Rant concluded. I'll try to be funny tomorrow. I've no idea where the hell everyone else is.

Yes, I'm very grumpy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home