You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Odds Bodkins!

I don't really have a post here. I just enjoy writing "odds bodkins". The look of it impresses me, sort of the way seeing the words "mallophagous" or "unstercorated" in print would excite Anthony Lewis or William F. Buckley.

While we tend to avoid politics on this site, simply because a blog whose readership is naught (including the posters apparently --I need to speak with Mr. Google about the statistics-keeping here), can't afford to alienate half of its potential readership, the election in Iraq happened today.

An honest to goodness election in Iraq, regardless of your political persuasion (all right, Baathists and violent Islamic Radicals excepted), should be worth an "Odds Bodkins!" in a positive way. God bless that troubled country.

There is, by the way, no truth to the rumor that Mickey Rooney placed third in the choice of constitutional delegates there. I just want to quash that right now. It was David Hasselhoff. Or Dan Marino. I can never tell them apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home