The Incredible Lobster Bisque!
According to one of Yahoo!'s* ever growing plethora of special issue sites, soup has amazing powers that we humans were heretofore unaware of. The most surprising revelations of the article?
- Soup can scale a 25 story building in under a minute flat.
- Cajun varieties of soup have been known to knock the hair off a grown man's chest and put it right back on again.
- Soup can't cure the common cold, but it can beat the crap out of it in a back alley.
- Soup has the strength of 10 stews. (Not Stew Miller. It only has the strength of four Stew Millers.)
- If you stare at beef broth long enough, you will see your reflection! (I was skeptical until I tried it. Amazing!)
- Soup can work out Pi to a trillion digits.
- Soup can grow a handlebar moustache. Vegetable soup is especially good at this.
- It's not surprising that fish soups can all breathe underwater. However, so can chicken soups!
- If you anger soup, it can scald you, choke you, and poke your eye with a straw.**
- Soup can heal a broken heart if you pour it in just the right place.
- Certain varieties of soup dumplings can be used as throw pillows.
- A tablespoon of soup can cover an entire dress shirt, if spilled in just the right way.*** (Most of you may have already had this experience.)
- Alphabet soup will communicate with you, if you stir it just right. (Most common message: "Please don't eat me!")
** This depends on how you are eating the soup.
*** On the shirt.