You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

"Time to make the doughnuts" guy, RIP


Sorry to get back into the blogging thing so slowly but with having to return all of those undesirable gifts that Earl was talking about I haven't been able to do it (anybody need a XXXL flannel poodle skirt with matching g-string?) . I did hear this morning that Michael Vale, better known to some of us older folks as the "Time to make the doughnuts" guy, passed away the other day. As noted in the article he died of complications from diabetes. Let's just leave it at that. So in order to cheer us up I wanted to bring you the top 10 rejected slogans for Dunkin' Donuts.

10. "Time to get baked!"

9. "Kill me now Edna before I'm forever known as the "Time to make the doughnuts" guy."

8. "I've got frosting in my pants."

7. "Time to take another five years off your lives."

6. "The Atkins diet is for girley men."

5. "Is that a Long John in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

4. "Mmmmm Doughnuts!!" (sorry, F. Johnny Lee said we have to say this: Mmmmmm _____!! is a registered trademark of Matt Groening and The Simpsons Co. Inc. There, now they can't sue our asses.)

3. "Time to...oh the hell with it, let's just go down to Krispy Kremes."

2. "Clogging arteries since 1950."

1. "Time to make up another lame slogan."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home