Super Bowl Surprises
It's Super Bowl Sunday, which means that about one billion people right now are watching television and actually paying attention to the commercials and the halftime show. So, distracted from the usual rhythms of watching a football game, you may have missed some of the following surprises from Super Bowl XLIV.
- All the dancers for the Who halftime set are strippers. (I guess they've just totally owned the whole "wardrobe" thing.
- Roger Daltrey manages to work the line "Who dat" into the song "Who are you?"
- Special appearance at the end of the Who halftime set: Barney the dinosaur
- Surprising amount of flatulence heard during radio broadcast of the Super Bowl
- Instead of deferring to the second half, coin toss winner elects to take "pre-emptive safety."
- Roger Daltrey's and Pete Townsend's "belly bump" during halftime show.
- Commercial for "Survivor" concludes with cast members being sacked by Saints and Colts players.
- Bridgestone halftime show ends with the Who peeling out in a Chevy and having a 2-tire blowout.
- Three fumblerooskies in a row.
- Repeated cuts to Paul McCartney in audience making "losers" sign during halftime show
- Winning Super Bowl field goal is kicked by a mule. (No idea if his name was Gus)
- First big commercial was for Cherokee Casino
- Winning coach doused with cooler filled with Tabasco sauce
- Unpleasant referee wardrobe malfunction
- Peyton Manning throws TD pass while eating an Oreo cookie.
- Instead of Disney World, winning QB announces that they're going to "get hammered."