You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

I thought he was faking to get out of the ticket.

The traffice police in a Melbourne suburb are a particularly hard lot. They'll ticket you even if you're dead.

What was the officer thinking?

"He's faking, I just bleeding know it. Ah, ha! I could have sworn I saw an eyelid move."

(That reminds me of a passage from a They Might Be Giants song, Exquisite Dead Guy.

"Exquisite dead guy
Rotating in his display case.
Exquisite dead guy
Swear I saw his mouth move.")

"I'm going to wait him out. He'll have to open his eyes soon and then I'll give him the ticket."

"Maybe he's asleep. I'm feeling a bit peckish. I think there's a new Krispy Kreme shop down the street. I'll leave the ticket on the windscreen. Won't he be surprised when he comes to."

The ticketee was not the one surprised in this case. A least he didn't turn out to be Hoffa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home