You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Can't Get Enough Sasquatch?

Yes, I know. What has brought Stew out from the metaphorical mattress under which he has slunk lo these 8 months? Blame it on Sasquatch. Upon reading the blog earlier this week I saw Earl's wonderful take on the Martian Sasquatch siting, including his insightful interview with the hirsute one himself.

Finished with my weekly check up on the blog I was content to slink away and go about my business. Then I saw the article. No, not that one... this article. At first I just found it interesting that this old bloke would be in good enough health to run a marathon but then I did a quick double-take at the photo. Could it be? Was it possible? The answer was as plain as the nose on my face.





Sasquatch was up to some odd business again and I felt it was incumbent upon me to reach out to him and see why he was engaged in yet another questionable endeavor.


Sasquatch: This is Sasquatch, I'm not here right now please leave...

Stew: I know that's you Bigfoot don't try to fool me.

Sasquatch: Will you two leave me alone, can't a guy just have a little privacy.

Stew: I'm sorry to call so soon after Earl, I know you don't hear from us in years and then two calls in a week but I need to ask you about the article concerning you running in the London marathon.

Sasquatch: What are you talking about?

Stew: Look Foot, I know it's you so come clean.

Sasquatch: Ok, it's me. Look there's got to be more to life that wandering around the woods, eating Jack Links jerky, and being an iconic folklore figure. That craps boring.

Stew: Yes, but running in a marathon seems like a bit of a stretch. That's 26 miles you have to do.

Sasquatch: I've gone farther than that to take a pee. No sweat.

Stew: I noticed the article said you were 101 years old, is that right?

Sasquatch: Mas or menos man, we sasquatch's don't really keep up with such things. I think my old man was about 140 when he kicked the bucket so that is probably right.

Stew: Well, good luck. Do you have anything else to share?

Sasquatch: I'm getting a private number.

I thought our old pal Sasquatch had thicker skin but I guess that was just all the fur. I hope he finds what he's looking for out there somewhere.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home