If you're not Donald Trump, check out our archives below. If you are Donald Trump, fix your hair before you do that. Please.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Twittering Away about Crappy Pub Names

So, as I mentioned before, I'm an official twit now. (Those so inclined can follow me @earlfando.)

Twitter has a section called featured topics and one of the communal activities among my fellow twits* is to repeatedly tweet about one of these topics. One of the big ones today is #crapnamesforpubs. I'm not sure what the # sign is for. Maybe Fred Flintstone-style cursing?

Anyway, this sort of thing is right up my street and I dashed off a few suggestions, which are reprinted below.

  • Ye Olde Soiled Knickers
  • The Lark's Vomit (yes, I was thinking of the Crunchy Frog sketch)
  • Benji's Hideaway
  • Ashton and Demi's Billiards Wondereland (sic)
  • The Rotten Frankfurter
  • Ye Olde Shallow Grave

And, just for the halibut, here are several more I didn't have time to send. I may tweet a few of these, as the topic is still active.

  • Peel Out Brews
  • Gum on the Bottom of Your Shoe
  • Ye Olde Saucy Grandma
  • The Stinking Corpse Flower
  • Oprah's On!
  • The Gingivitis
  • Ye Olde Raging Herpes
  • Cantilevered Ball Bearings
  • Lower the Tungsten Orb (I must admit, this is an oldy Stew or Linus came up with. It was very briefly considered as a name for this blog. Come to think of it, I'd go to a pub with that name...)
  • The Gimpy Centipede
  • Slabs of Sweetbreads
  • Katie Couric's House of Pain
  • Kumquats Galore!
  • No Alcohol Served Here
* I use the term with great affection.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home