Twittering Away about Crappy Pub Names
So, as I mentioned before, I'm an official twit now. (Those so inclined can follow me @earlfando.)
Twitter has a section called featured topics and one of the communal activities among my fellow twits* is to repeatedly tweet about one of these topics. One of the big ones today is #crapnamesforpubs. I'm not sure what the # sign is for. Maybe Fred Flintstone-style cursing?
Anyway, this sort of thing is right up my street and I dashed off a few suggestions, which are reprinted below.
- Ye Olde Soiled Knickers
- The Lark's Vomit (yes, I was thinking of the Crunchy Frog sketch)
- Benji's Hideaway
- Ashton and Demi's Billiards Wondereland (sic)
- The Rotten Frankfurter
- Ye Olde Shallow Grave
And, just for the halibut, here are several more I didn't have time to send. I may tweet a few of these, as the topic is still active.
- Peel Out Brews
- Gum on the Bottom of Your Shoe
- Ye Olde Saucy Grandma
- The Stinking Corpse Flower
- Oprah's On!
- The Gingivitis
- Ye Olde Raging Herpes
- Cantilevered Ball Bearings
- Lower the Tungsten Orb (I must admit, this is an oldy Stew or Linus came up with. It was very briefly considered as a name for this blog. Come to think of it, I'd go to a pub with that name...)
- The Gimpy Centipede
- Slabs of Sweetbreads
- Katie Couric's House of Pain
- Kumquats Galore!
- No Alcohol Served Here