You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Monday, May 16, 2005

MMMMMMM...giant birthday cake...

Las Vegas, Nevada hopes to break the Guinness World Record for largest cake ever made, with the creation of a 130,000 pound monster birthday cake, celebrating the city's 100th anniversary. The cake measured measured 102 feet long, 52 feet wide and 20 inches high, not counting the topless showgirls, slot machines, and 7-foot tall candles on top.

Unfortunately, before the good beer-making people from Guinness could arrive, the entire cake was devoured by famed eating champion Takeru "Tsunami" Kobayashi, who was in town for a sauerbraten festival.

"I was on my way to the bratwurst-eating contest, when I saw the cake," Kobayashi said through an interpreter. "I said to myself, 'Self-san, this will be the perfect warm-up for sauerbraten - a little sweet stuff to get the blood sugar up and going.' I only wish I had brought some chopsticks or a fork with me"

Kobayashi finished off the cake in just under 13 minutes, which is also an unofficial Guinness World Record for Most Ridiculous Feat of Human Consumption. "I would have been faster, but I had to work around the showgirls," Takeru claimed.

Kobayashi then went on to win the local sauerbraten contest, defeating William Perry, Tom Arnold, and Regis Philbin, by scarfing 225 pounds of the stuff in just under 90 seconds, not including the barrels of sauerkraut and lager included with the meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home