You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Send in the clowns...then gun them down.

The profession of clowning (or is it clownery), a profession almost as old as that other, is the noble pursuit of humor not so much different from what we attempt on this blog. Of course, here we don't wear the make-up and big red noses as often and our cars are more normal in size, but for the sake of comparison you'll have to give me that license. It is with that in mind that we at DOUI today are deeply saddened by the loss of two of our brothers in arms, sadly gunned down in the prime of their clowning.

An excerpt from the morbid story:

BOGOTA (Reuters)
Two clowns were shot and killed by an unidentified gunman during their performance at a traveling circus in the eastern town of Cucuta, police said Wednesday. “The killings have nothing to do with the show” said a spokesman.

“The clowns came out to give their show and this guy came out shooting them. It was terrible”.


Yes, truly terrible.

But maybe not as terrible as this. In honor of our two painted brethern I give you our rendition of the age old classic "Send in the Clowns".


Send in the Clowns: Cucuta de Muerta Re-mix

Isn't it rich, are we a pair?
Me lying here on the ground,
Your blood in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Why didn’t he miss, don't you approve?
One hollow point tearing around
Now we can't move
Send in the clowns
Then gun them down.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Here comes a freak with a Smith & Wesson .44.
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Is this the right circus;
No one is there.

Don't you love farce?
I’m shot in the rear,
I thought you’d aim a little higher,
Sorry my dear
But where are the clowns
Send in the clowns
Then gun them down.


What a surprise!
Who could foresee
A maniac with a homicidal streak
With his sights trained on me?
Why only now when I see
That you've passed away?
What a surprise...
What a cliche'...

Doesn’t it stink, isn't it queer
Losing my life this late in my career
And where are the clowns
Quick send in the clowns
Then gun them down.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home