If we wanted to use more than 140 characters, we'd be writing more here.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Check out the holiday programming!

Over at Spike TV, they've decided to celebrate Father's Day by running 2 days of Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather trilogy. To my mind, nothing encapsulates the spirit of fatherly love and dedication like a movie about gangsters, organized crime, and murder. Sorry, I was imagining how poor Lindsey Lohan must be feeling now. (Sorry Lindsey old gal, though I realize you've probably never read this blog, anyway.) At least they didn't run The Stepfather.

Anyway, judging from Spike's unique take on this holiday, I can only imagine what their programmers are coming up with for other holiday occasions. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your view), since this is a blog, you can look into my imagination and see what I'm talking about.

Spike TV's Holiday Programming List:

New Year's Day - Murder in Times Square
Valentine's Day - My Bloody Valentine
St. Patrick's Day - Leprechaun
Easter - Easter Island: Mystery and Magic (Their back-up plan being Alien: Ressurection)
Mother's Day - Bloody Mama
Fourth of July - Summer Camp Nightmare (AKA The Butterfly Revolution)
Columbus Day - Columbus entdeckt Krähwinkel
Halloween - Halloween (of course!)
Thanksgiving - National Lampoon's Thanksgiving Family Reunion
Christmas - R' Xmas

I can only dread what they'd put on for Arbor Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home