You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Check out the holiday programming!

Over at Spike TV, they've decided to celebrate Father's Day by running 2 days of Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather trilogy. To my mind, nothing encapsulates the spirit of fatherly love and dedication like a movie about gangsters, organized crime, and murder. Sorry, I was imagining how poor Lindsey Lohan must be feeling now. (Sorry Lindsey old gal, though I realize you've probably never read this blog, anyway.) At least they didn't run The Stepfather.

Anyway, judging from Spike's unique take on this holiday, I can only imagine what their programmers are coming up with for other holiday occasions. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your view), since this is a blog, you can look into my imagination and see what I'm talking about.

Spike TV's Holiday Programming List:

New Year's Day - Murder in Times Square
Valentine's Day - My Bloody Valentine
St. Patrick's Day - Leprechaun
Easter - Easter Island: Mystery and Magic (Their back-up plan being Alien: Ressurection)
Mother's Day - Bloody Mama
Fourth of July - Summer Camp Nightmare (AKA The Butterfly Revolution)
Columbus Day - Columbus entdeckt Krähwinkel
Halloween - Halloween (of course!)
Thanksgiving - National Lampoon's Thanksgiving Family Reunion
Christmas - R' Xmas

I can only dread what they'd put on for Arbor Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home