You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Translating Radical Farsi to English - an addendum

Stew,

I had no idea the Farsi spoken by radical Islamists was so complex rhetorically. I did a little research and found a few more phrases you might have missed.

  • American is the Great Satan! = I really dig Angelina Jolie!
  • Die, you infidel pig! = Can I bum a menthol cigarette off of you?
  • We will destroy you, you sons of a dog! = I'm lovin' it at McDonald's!
  • Khomeni is our great leader = Please pardon my flatulence.
  • We will scourge you, you western scum! = Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto.
  • We will crush the Zionist swine! = I believe I have developed a hernia.
  • Our revolution will triumph = I really can't decide between the fuschia and the cerulean curtains.
  • We are not trying to build a nuclear weapon = Die, you infidel pig!

Very complex indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home