You mess with Harpo Marx, you get the horns.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A face that only a mother could love

Stew, I very much enjoyed the post on people transplanting faces from one head to another. This is exactly the kind of thing I think should occur more often these days, and I'd just like to go on the record right now by saying that, heaven forbid, should Harrison Ford snuff it any time soon, I'm calling firsties on having his face transplanted onto my head to replace my current one, which resembles Daffy Duck, without the bill (but with the teeth.)

The only caveat on this is that I only want the transplant if Harrison's face hasn't got too wrinkly. My back up is to have the face of Orlando Bloom transplanted onto my head. They'll have to stretch it a bit I'm afraid.

There was one part of this news from another article on the French surgery that troubled me. (No, no, it wasn't that they were French. I have a few French friends and find that French people not involved in government or waitering are very nice. Not coincidentally, the same is true of Americans, English, and Norwegians. Chinese and Mexican waiters and waitresses are quite friendly, though the government people in those countries will gut you as soon as look at you. Where was I?) Oh, yes...The part that troubled me was where they described the potential drawbacks of the surgery, the anti-rejection drugs and, most alarmingly, the following quote:

"The main worry for both a full face transplant and a partial effort is organ rejection, causing the skin to slough off."


Having Harrison Ford's face will do no one any good if it's constantly sliding off your skull. On second thought, I'll just stick with my own. If it's good enough for the wife, it's good enough for me. It's not like I have to look at it, except when I shave and creatively tousle my hair.

One last thing...bravo on chasing that rude reader off. I saw him lurking about the "Next Blog" button awhile ago though and I had to tell him to shove off again. I think it was Howard Stern. He was tall and leering at the picture of Cameron Diaz in a habit. Of course, that does describe several thousand people on the Internet right now, but he was wearing shades.

Of course with our massive readership, we can tell off the occasional trouble-maker, right?

(For those who missed it, this last line was SARCASM - A message from the International Sarcasm Board - We know you really, really care about sarcasm!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home