Saddam Snuffs It
Well, it's getting to be like a mausoleum around here, what with the deaths of so many well known people. In Saddam's case, it was only a matter of time, no matter how many Iraqi judges were impressed with those underpants photos in The Sun. (No, there's no link. Heavens, why would there be?)
Anyway, as we don't spend a lot of time mourning tyrants in these virtual pages (none actually, God have mercy on their wicked souls), allow us to regale you with the following. Apologies for the title sounding like a category on The $100,000 Pyramid:
Things Overhead at Saddam's Execution
- The caterers have some really scrummy falafel.
- MSNBC has promised to cover the execution live if we hang him in his underpants.
- I don't know about you, but I will miss is strong, if cruel leadership; his iron grip, his unifying prescence... (breaks up in laughter) Nah, I'm just kidding... hang the vicious bastard! Hell, set him on fire, too!
- I still think Johnnie Cochran could have got him off.
- Hanging cruel? Yes, but they wouldn't let us gas him, while simultaneously hacking off his limbs and dropping him in an acid bath. You take what you can get.
- What's President Bush doing here holding the rope?
- 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we asphyxiate! Sad-dam! Sad-dam! Saaaa-dam!!!
- Saddam? Before we pass sentence, who does your beard for y... Oops, too late.
- Can we drop him again, just to make sure?